Black spots on hand and leg. How to remove spots?

Hello doc..... i m a 26yrs old girl , I ve black spots on my hand & leg due to mosquito bites, other small wound . what should i do to remove this spots. i can t wear short sleeve dresses
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.
Since these are dark scars, I would advice that you use some kind of a lightening agent like kojic acid and vitamin c combination over the scar.
This is a simple, harmless lightening agent which can be used for as long the blackish pigmentation is there.
Also ,try not to touch the area too much.
Use proper sunscreen (spf>26) before going out in the sun so that the lesions doesn't darken any further.

Take a diet rich in vitamin C and antioxidants like Citrus fruits and lots of salads 

Hope it helps
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul
MD( Dermatology)