Black spots on arm, concentrated and dark in some areas, hair growth on the areas. Cause and cure?

I have had black spots on my left arm for over two years now. Earlier, they started in the armpit region and spread to my wrist . In many areas they are concentrated and form dark patches . I visited a dermatologists who gave a moisturizer , soap and a cream to put on it for 6 months to see any change. This treatment stopped the growth and the spots/patches are confined only on my left arm. However, the dermatologists didn t know what the problem was. I have also noticed that this area has hair growing whilst the right arm without the spots doesn t have any hair growing. The skin seems regular on touching. Please could you help me on this problem and see if there is a solution?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I think black patch with hair on thrm is called beckers naevus.there is no medical treatment it can be cured by laser treatment