Black spot on anus, itching. Applied anti-bacterial cream. Should I visit a doctor?

i've had couple small black spot on around my anus area, and the area itches every so often and especially when i have contact with area. beside from the hemrroid lump, the surrounding area is quite bothering and itches and this condition has been lingering the last month or so. i clean and apply over the counter anti bacterial cream quite often but it's not going away. should i visit a doctor to check it out? thx
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013

Definitely you should visit dermatologist.

It seems that you are having pruritus ani.

There are many causes.

In your case haemorrhoids may be the cause.

Thorough examination will be done and if needed he will advise for blood test to rule out other diseases.

Antihistaminics , mild steroid with antibacterial cream may be prescribed.

If there is hamorrhoides, he will refer to surgeon.

Ok ..

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD