Black specks in phlegm, recurring condition, non-smoker. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, I started noticing a few months ago that when I spit my phlegm has black specks in it.. At first I didn t think anything about it because I had been working outside a lot with lots of dust and dirt but it s been about 6 months now and it s still there everyday. I don t smoke or anything, never have, I don t live with a smoker either. I don t know if maybe this has been going on longer and I just didnt pay attention to it, but can you help? Thank you for your time :)
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012