Black scars all over buttocks, tried acne creams, no help. Spreading scars on back of thighs. How to treat ?

Hi, I am a 22 year old girl who has been suffering from this problem for more than 10 years. I have many black scars (i think from pimple-like boils) all over my buttocks and they ve always been there since puberty . I ve tried using acne creams to treat the scars but to no avail. Recently, i ve noticed that I m getting a few black marks (similar to the ones on my buttocks) on the back of my thighs. I ve never consulted a doctor before this because I didn t have much of an issue with it even though it is really unsightly since it never hurt, but the marks on my thighs are becoming an issue as they are visible when wearing shorts. Is there a way I can treat this?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013