Black marks on calf and arms. No itchiness or pain. What could this mean? Had heart attack

My father is a 56 year old man and ia heart patient who has suffered major heart attack less than 2 years ago and is now heavily dpendant on mesicinea although he still walks around and lives a normal moderately busy life. Recently, he has had a blackish mark appear on the cal of his with no itchiness or pain and it disappeared in a few days and has now another black mark appear further up his arm which is the same one as before. I was wondering what could this mean and whay could be done about it?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012