Black eyes due to injury.

I am Rohit, a student, recently I got hit on the eye during a fight. There is no problem with my vision but that has left a big black mark around my left eye. Are there any measures that could make it go away quickly?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Oct 2009
  Anonymous's Response
Whenever you recieve a blunt injury over forehead or face you can get such type of black discolouration,it is known as contusion .It can be resolved by itself within 10-15 days,but we have very nice medicine for such a contusion.

You can take ledum pal 30 4 tabs 4 times in day which will resolve your contusion over eye very fast may be within 2-3 days.

Wish you very speedy recovery,
This is a condition called the Black eye, caused by bleeding beneath the skin around the eye. It could be a fracture of one of the skull bones if there was redness around both the eyes. Most black eye injuries are not serious, but bleeding within the eye, called a hyphema, is serious and can reduce vision and damage the cornea. Using gentle pressure, apply an ice pack or a cloth filled with ice to the area around the eye. Do not apply pressure to the eye. It must be initiated as soon as possible, after the injury to reduce swelling. Continue using ice or cold packs for 24 to 48 hours. Be sure there's no blood within the white and colored parts of the eye. Seek medical help immediately if there are vision problems (double vision, blurring), severe pain, or bleeding in the eye or from the nose.