Black area on lower jaw below teeth. Suggested CT scan. History of root canal redone on same side, not same place. Advice

Hi, I was just at the dentist and they discovered a black area on the left lower jaw area below my teeth and they called me back and said I should go get a CT scan. I am 23 years old and otherwise healthy, is cancer the only thing this could be? I had a root canal re done last year on that same side but this black area isnt underneath that tooth it is along the other ones next to it.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013