Black and yellow dots in vision whilst giving blood for test. Why ?

When I had a blood test yesterday the nurse didn t seem as though he new what he was doing & I found it very painful. He tried to take blood twice & the 2nd time really hurt, but I could see all black & yellow dots in my vision whilst he was taking the blood. I m 34 weeks pregnant & it really worried me as I ve never had an experience like this. When I asked him he said oh that s strange perhaps I hit a nerve. Please could you tell me what these flying black & yellow spots meant please. Many thanks AAA
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012