Bitten on the nose by dog, swollen and deep rashes on the tip of nose. Had tetanus shot. Can this cause infection if not treated?

Monday evening my 57 yr old sister was bitten on the nose by her dog. she said he grab it and shook it like a toy. She sent me a picture and it looks real bad, it is very swollen and a 3 to 4 deep gashes near the tip of the nose and quite a few more that do not look quite as deep.The whole nose is just a mess. We have tried to get her to see a dr but she refuses. She had a tinus shot last year but we are afraid this may lead into a staff infection if she does not get treatment, do you have any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012