Bitten on the arm by a child, bruised right vein. Constant stinging, raised. Should I worry ?

I was bitten on the arm by a child. It was right on a vein and has bruised pretty bad. I have been having pains in the vein in the top of my hand that is connected to that vein. It is a constant stinging in this vein and it feels raised if you run your hand across it. Is it something I should be worried about? People are saying I may need to get it checked out, I want to make sure before I spend the money to go to the doctor about it. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012