Bitten by pit mastiff on thigh. Lump appeared, warm to touch. Is it normal or infected?

my boyfriend was biten in the back of his thigh by a pit mastiff about a week ago. The two puncture marks have scabed over and most of the bursing is gone but there is a lump where the punctures are that is soft and it is warm to the touch. It itches but its not painful he didnt go to the doctor the dog has had all its shots but its been about 8 years since my boyfriend had a tetanus shot. does the lump mean that its infected or is it normal?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012