Bitten by mosquito on leg. Signs of infection in vein, uncomfortable. Will this lead to blood clot?

One week ago I was bitten by a mosquito or similar "midgy" type sandfly bug in two places on my left was on the outer thigh which has healed up nearly completely and the other was right on the side of a varicose vein on the inner calf. Over the last two days I realised that this one was feeling a bit uncomfortable & upon inspecting it closely, I now see that shows signs of infection with slight redness,heat & a bit more swelling than usual....Its also a bit tender. There is no "wound visible as the "nick" has healed over......thinking about putting a poultice on it but as the skin is not ruptured I wondered whether it could lead to a bloodclot as it is on the vein.... help...thanks
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013