Bitten by insect on arm, soreness, back and neck pain, yellow discharge, hard surrounding area. Cure?

Hi there, I recently got bit by something on my right upper arm . I did not realize this until I woke up with pain in my arm. Day 1 and 2 it caused severe pain from my elbow & shoulder and soreness on right side upper back and neck . There was redness around area. Today, day 3 there is still redness area area and pain but both have gone down some. There was also a lot of thick thick yellow dicharge. The area surrounding is now hard as a rock. I do have pics if needed. Any clue what this is and what I should do, thanks
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear sir,

I think you have developed an abscess where the bug has bitten you . If you have some pics it would be helpful . I think you will require a course of antibiotics but that can be decided only after seeing the pics.

Take care .

Dr. Shruti