Bitten by fly, swelling, itching. Am I gaining tolerance to Plantago root poultice?

Yesterday, I was bitten by a metallic yellow fly; today, the swelling is worse and it itches like crazy. This has happened before, but when I applied the plantago root poultice that I usually use, it didn t work . This remedy has worked for me many times, but this is the first time I ve had to make more than one application of the poultice. Am I gaining a tolerance to the poultice, and if so, what other herbs could I consider for a back-up?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Stop poultice. Apply Ledum 200 (homoeopathic medicine) , mix about 10 drops of liquid medicine in a bowl of water and apply, and take just one dose by mouth of the same, Ledum 200, one drop in a tablespoon of water.