Bitten by fire ant, no blister, swelling, redness around bite on foot. Can icthammol ointment help?

My son was playing in the yard. He had his shoes and socks off and said he got bit by a fire ant. It has not formed a blister like most fire ant bites do. It is swollen a bit and is red around the area which happens to be on the top of his foot . I am putting cream on it but just not sure if I should possibly try the Icthammol Ointment that I have. What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

You may use locally yodine antiseptic solutions several times a day.

You do not need to put cream on it.