Bitten by dog. Dog vaccinated. Is it ok to take 3 doses of Rabipur?

Hi, I got bitten by a friend s dog yesterday while handling him. The wound is not too deep. The dog is a history-biter and very aggressive. Apart from that no other symptoms of the dog being infected by rabis was seen. He is very active, not drooling at all and seems to be perfect in health. My friend confirmed that the dog has been properly vaccinated. We can t monitor the dog since he has been taken away to a farm around 250 kms from where I stay. In current situation, is it ok if I take 3 doses of rabipur and then wait for any symptoms in me? today i have taken the 1st dose but the rabipur pamplet says about an immunoglobulin vaccine to be administered with the 1st dose, which hasn t been done by the doctor. Is it neccessary?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013