Bitten by cat. Taken Rabivax. How important is it to continue the dosage?

My wife (43 years ) got a bite from cat in her leg just 3-4 inch above ankle, she washed immediately with water, that cat was not ours but some times it will come and my wife will give food. There is no abnormality found. Day 0 bite, day 5 went hospital and take RABIVAX injection , we were confused whether the injection will help if the cat having rabies , doctor adviced it will help, take two dose ( ie day-0 and day-3)., and observe cat, within 10 days nothing happened no need to take other doses. After 9 days cat was disappear. We are confused whether we have to take day-7, day-14, and day-28 doses or not? tomorrow is the day-7 , we started the vaccination after 5 days , really it will help?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013