Bitten by a tick, foot numbness in calf, tendon area. Can ticks cause partial paralysis?

Yesterday i was bitten by a tick. while this was happening i was on the ground but my leg was asleep. when i stood up my foot went back to normal except for my calf and tendon in that area. i can no longer move my foot up or move it to the left. i believe i have partial paralysis . the next day i found the tick on my calf in the front on the left side right above my tendon/ muscles within that area, and than proceeded to remove it. can ticks cause partial paralysis? and if so how long will it take for the effects to wear off? i ask this because i am going to be shipping to basic training in a two weeks, and i need to be able to roll my heals.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012