Bites while sleeping causing lumps followed by severe itching, sore and achy arms with numbness, no relief with sting bite cream. Help?

Hi, I got bite yesterday evening while sleeping, and felt it and it woke me up and I just itched it and didn t think anything off it. Woke up the next day, while getting dressed I noticed 3 lumps on my arm from being bitten and 3 lumps near my bra strap at the side and on my right side of my stomach and one further up above my strap, the lumps on the side of my body are not itchy but are bright red and with a lump. He ones on my arm are however very itchy and driving me mad and are very big lumps and now today I have a very sore and achy arm that feels dead and a few pains going into my hand from the arm. Its getting sore to touch now because I have itched it that much, I have used sting bite cream and not really done anything. I think it was a mozzie bite but should I be concerned as I have been bitten before and it didn t feel like this. Even holding a cup makes my arm feel heavy. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012

thanks for choosing health care magic.

It seems like an insect bite . you can take an anti histaminic to reduce your itchy sensation

Tab . Cetrizine can be taken . It can cause mild sedation hence avoid driving or operating machinery.

Take a paracetamol 500 mg to reduce pain .

You can apply topical calamine lotion as it has a soothing effect .

It should reduce with the above medication if it does not then contact your doctor to rule out other causes