Bites on skin of a child. How do I know if they are bug bites?

i am trying to figure out if the bites on my son are bed bug bites or flea bites. there are two close together and one farther away. we were treated for bb s about 4 months ago, and i have not seen any kind of bug EXCEPT for fleas. still, the worry that the bb s are back is causing me to lose sleep. there was a flea under my bed sheet the other day as well. the bites only seem to happen when my son is playing on the carpeted floor. they are pea sized bites, and go down during the day to the size of a pimple .
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are dealing with is papular urticaria or insect bite hypersensitivity.
To prevent this-
Keep the baby in full sleeved clothes.
Use socks and full lower clothes.
Use mosquito net for sleeping.
Use liquid insect repellent throught the day.
Can apply lactocalamine over the affected area.

Hope this helps.