Bite on right elbow. Swelling, redness, hardness, itching, pain at bite site, right arm numbness. Reason?

Hi, I got a mosquito bite on my right elbow . It has been 24 hrs since my bite and there is swelling , redness, hardness, hot to the touch, itching and pain at the site of the bite. However, my entire right arm is now feeling numb. I am very worried something is wrong. Is this due to the bite? I know that I re-act badly to the saliva of mosquito bites, maybe that s the cause?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response

Yes, could be. Please apply cold compresses to the bite area and some over-the-counter bite cream.

If no progress for 1 day or 2, please start antihistaminic drugs to reduce swelling as reaction to insect bite.

If still no progress, go to ER immediately.