Bite lips when stressed. Bump formed in center, swollen. Skin getting cracked, peeling. Cure?

My daughter has a problem, when shes stressed she bites rge skin off her lips ... Her lips have been.very chapped and cracked. But yesterday she woke up with a bump in the center of her lip like.she bit it really hard or something, but she didnt, just really.swollen, its.been bleeding ect. Is there anything we to help tge swelling or, just let it run its course? I know its painful, and shes been putting chapstick on, but they are.just contiuing to crack and peel. Its also 20┬░out side, but our air isnt very dry in our house.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013