Bit on face, no bleeding, prescribed Neosporin. Does human bite can get infected?

Hi doctor, my ex boyfriend beat me up two nights ago. He bit my face. I don t think it broke the skin (at least not bad enough to bleed ). I am worried bc I am reading a lot online about how human bites can get infected and this is on my face! I feel like the skin around it is warm and my ear near the bite aches a bit. I don t have health insurance now or else I would probably already been to dr for piece of mind. I saw a pharmacist and she said I should be fine to just put neosporin on it. Please help! Thank you, Carmen Thompson YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013