Bit by a spider, foot and leg swelled, painful. Not infected. Had antihistimines and antibiotics. Is this normal or something else wrong?

I got bit by a spider over a month ago and my right foot and leg swelled and was painful. I went to the Er and they say it was not infected but gave me pain medication , antihistimines and antibiotics . I followed up with my doctor after 2 weeks. My root seem to be less swollen but still very swollen. He indicated it was probably venom hanging around and it would be about a month for my leg to be back to normal. It s 2 weeks later and my foot and leg is smaller but still very swollen and now I am developing this very hard crease where my foot and ankle meets and it is very hars and constricted Because of this changeand the amount of time its been. I m thinking it may be something else wrong.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
thanks for asking query on HCM
your problem is almost solved within this month
it takes some more time to become normal
nothing to worry
no more medication is needed except physiotherapy to get back your normal movements
hope this answer will serve your purpose
please write to me if you have any more queries
take care
dr mv subrahmanyam