Birth control, heavy painful periods, huge blood clots with menstrual blood, hormonal problems ?

I started taking birth.control last tuesday, I than started my period last thursday.My last period was jan 24th. I have been irregular for two and a half years, going many months with out. But as of this last november I was starting to be more consistant..Although period started last thursday, it was heavy and painful, not to alarming. Yesterday in the morning I had noticed a huge clot in my bed and when I went to the bath room, it alarmed me a bit I still got ready for work and by the time I got to work I noticed my pants were soaked and I went home. At that point the clots intensified, I started to feel naseous and dizzy, so at that point I was scared and had my mom drive me to er, they did a pregnancy test and I was not pregnant, they tested my blood count and I was at 32 which is borderline low enough to start a transfusion, but they sent me home saying its cause my hormones are out of wak. Here I am the next day feeling just as bad, passing clots still, and I can t help to still be scarred that there is something wrong with me.what should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012