Biopsy returned as vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia. Connection between PCOS and chronic itching?

I just had a biopsy done and it came back as vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (my doctor said VIN 1). He wants to see me again in 6 months (he removed the entire lesion ). I had a similar biopsy done 3 or 4 years ago in the same area and was told that it was squamous cell hyperplasia . I would like to treat this more aggressively as I feel that the root cause is not really being addressed. I have suffered from chronic itching in my genital area throughout my life, but that issue has never been thoroughly addressed either. The information out there is a bit confusing. Should my doctor give me a colposcopy? Should I be treated with some kind of steroid cream? I also have PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome ). Is there any connection between pcos and the chronic itching/irritation? Or is the irritation probably caused by HPV which seems to be the most common cause of VIN? If anyone could clear up the confusion, I would greatly appreciate it!
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012