Biopsy report says bulky kidney with chronic changes in the form of tubular atrophy. Meaning?

Can I ask now? My fathers biopsy report says - Can i know how serious it is. He is at home now after 7 days in ICU . KIDNEY BIOPSY FOR LIGHT MICROSCOPY ONLY CLINICAL DETAILS C/o acute renal failure . USG bulky kidney. GROSS Received 2 cores, measuring 0.9 and 1 cms in length. LIGHT MICROSCOPY (LM) Renal cores with 5 glomeruli with 3/5 (60%) being sclerotic. Among the non-sclerotic glomeruli one sows focal segmental glomerulosclerosis ( FSGS ) involving nearly half of it s tuft and the other shows mild shrinkage of tuft. No proloferative glomerular changes. No crescents. No features of TMA.Chronic changes in the form of tubular atrophy and interstitial fibrosis occupy upto 50% cortex area. Some tubules show hyaline casts. No dense, fractured casts suggestive of myeloma. Interstitium is also sprinkled with a few lymphocytes with 1 or 2 small lymphoid aggregates.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, your report indicates presence of chronic kidney disease.

But clinical correlation suggested.

That means you have to consult with your treating doctor for clinical correlation and also for further management.