Biopsy of lumps on chest wall near axillary showing myxoid neurofibroma, asymptomatic. Am I OK?

I had a biopsy done on two lumps on the R chest wall near the axilar area last week. I got the result back today, and the diagnosis is myxoid neurofibroma . My GP didn t really explain what it exactly is, but wrote me a referral letter to go and see a general surgeon . If the lumps are benign, do I really need to have them removed?? My GP wrote in her letter she is asymptomatic and well otherwise . What harm can these tumors do? She said nerufibrama is usually associated with retarded children?? and since I am an adult and have no other symptoms associated with it, I should be ok. Am I okay?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012