Binge eating habits. Increased heart beat rate, quick breathing. Matter of concern?

I am a compulsive overeater, am not yet overweight , but am rapidly nearing it. When i binge on food, my heart beat rapidly increases and stays increased (approx=105 bpm) for a long period of time, (hours or sometimes throughout the whole day). My breathing is quick and shallow. This has been going on for almost a year and a half now, to varying degrees. I am in the process of getting treatment but in the mean time should i be worried about my heart....what are the effects of having such a raised heart rate for so long?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013