The symptoms as mentioned by you suggest that you might be having Gastro esophageal reflux disease
1. In GERD, there is reflux of acid/bile
from stomach to esophagus
due to relaxation of the sphincter
at the lower part of esophagus.
2. This acid/bile if enters into the respiratory passage can cause obstruction to breathing.
Management consists of:
1. Lifestyle modification- like weight reduction, sleeping on the left side, or with upper body raised.
2. Dietary modification- avoid consuming irritating substances such as acidic & rich foods, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.
3. Medical management- Proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole, Pantoprazole,etc. (which prevent acid formation in stomach)
If symptoms still persist, it will be better to consult a Gastroenterologist.
Investigation like Endoscopy will be helpful.
There is no need to worry...you will be fine.
Wish you a good health & speedy recovery.
Thanks & Take care.
You can ask me a direct query on this website using the below link: http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-polash-sannigrahi/64925