Bilateral sphenoethmoidectomy done, breathing problem, dry cough, sweating, wheezing. Prescribed alex, meftal. Is taking montair safe for asthma?

Hi doctor.I had a bilateral endoscopic was done last week.4 months ago I started having breathing problems,regular but dry coughs and excessive sweating.I was wheezing too.A physician prescribed Alex syrup,b complex,steam inhalation and meftal.the cough and sweating have reduced,the result of the ct scan was good so he prescribed montair tablets for ten day.Now,he asked me to avoid exposure to allergies, pollen ,smoke.I read online that montair can only be used for long time treatment and that when a patient with asthma takes it,it might worsen things.Pls I need to know if it s safe for me to start taking it and if there are anti allergy drugs that can help solve my problem.thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012