Bilateral calf and thigh pain, weakness, numbness, throbbing in lower back, no back pain. Cause?

Is it possible to have bilateral calf and thigh pain (moderate), weakness, numbness, throbbing from a lower back problem without any back pain? Bilateral lower leg fasciotomies relieved pain in calves 2 years ago, but now issues have returned in calves AND thighs. Surgery was performed for possible compartment syndrome but doctors are now saying they might have misdiagnosed. Any input is appreciated!! I am a college soccer player, sidelined for months with this. Two years ago, I was in constant pain for 9 months prior to fasciotomies which relieved pain instantly!!
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012