Bigger rip bone in one side of the chest, no other symptoms. Reason?

My baby boy is currently 7months plus, and I noticed there is a bigger rib bone felt on the left side compare to the symmetrical right side. My son is still eating, sleeping, playing well with no signs of discomfort or pain . Why is this so, and is this something I need to see a doc to address?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not think as it is floating rib and usually present on both side. I would suggest you to show it to paedatric doctor on his next immunization. But no need to rush.