Big toe on the feet moves weirdly and makes loud sounds as if the bones were rubbing together. Cause?

Hi my name is mercedes and this is a foot related question. For a few years now, my big toe on one of my feet has been moving weirdly and making weird sounds. It may sound funny, but when it moves, it always moves like quagmire s head from family guy and it always make this loud weird sound as if the bones are rubbing together or something. It doesn t hurt, but it is very strange, I think. I also think I might have moved it out of order or something. I was wondering out of curiousity if you know what the cause is?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
The abnormal movement of the great toe and the rubbing noise can be due to a decrease in the joint lubricants. This might be suggestive of an early osteoarthritic change. You can get some joint lubricants prescribed and get your serum uric acid evaluated.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal