Big indent between the hips and thighs, missing periods. What is it?

I have a big indent between my hips and thighs (where my underwear sits) and I'm 13 and just wondering if it will evr go away or if my hips will get bigger. I haven't had my period and I absolutely HATE having this indent. I have lost all my confidence because of it :( so will the indent go away or will I get bigger hips or something!
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013

Thank you for your query.

There are certain areas in the body where you do see indents which are due to the various muscles merge or join the bones. They are more evident if the muscle groups are well developed. I suggest that you see your doctor who will examine the site and give you the correct guidance. Alternatively you can upload a photograph of the area using the link given below my signature line to give an opinion.

Losing confidence for such things is not advisable. You need to see the brighter side of things and accept the inevitable. You are still so young and need to see the harsher realities of life. :)

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal