Big circle around the bite with numbness, occasional pain. What could this be?

Hi, Dr. Yesterday morning (after walking my dog) I noticed what looked like a misquito bite on my left thigh.I don t know if I woke up with it or if I got it from a bug when I was walking my dog. I thought nothing of it because it didn t itch or anything else like that. But then I woke up this morning and there s a big red circle around it, approximately 2-3 inches in diameter. It s numb to the touch and occasionally hurts. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
hi i think it is thrombophlebitis due to insect is the inflammation of vein underneath presents as bited part surrounding inflammation and numbness over the part is should be treated with oral antibiotic twice daily and a anti inflammatory agent like combiflame and application of thrombophobe ointment can cure it