Big bump and abrasion cuts on head after a fall, no blurred vision or tiredness, headache. Treatment required?

should I take my husband to the hospital. He fell on his dirt bike about 45 minutes ago and has a pretty big bump and abrasion cuts on his head. The bleeding has stopped. cut not deep enough for stiches. He says he feels fine and has no blurred vision and does not feel tired, just that he has a head ache. What should I look for and/or should I still be concerned and take him into get checked out.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012

After a fall with injury to head, you need not take him immediately to hospital if the cut can be taken care from home itself. But you will have to keep a watch for around 1 day for the following symptoms.

1. Loss of consciousness or altered senses

2. Blurring of vision

3. Recurrent vomiting

4. Bleeding from nose or ear.
5. Seizures

If any of the above symptoms are seen, immediately he will have to be evaluated for injuries inside the skull. Otherwise he should be fine.

Hope I have answered your question. Please let me know if any further queries are there.

Thank you.