Biaxim, amoxicillin for coughing scab, staff infection. Mouth roof red, burning. Can take both medicines together?

Hi Doc I have been taking biaxin now for 3 full weeks because I had been coughing up a scab and so the doctor sent it away and came back as staf infection. Now the doctor said I need to take it for another 3 weeks to make sure it kills the bacteria. Today I was sick so went to the doctor and he gave me amoxicillin to take 500mg (3 per day for 10 days). I am not sure if I should take this as well as the 250mg of Biaxin 2 times daily The roof of my mouth is all red too and burning and I seem to have a sinus infection . After taking the Biaxin for 3 weeks I am starting to cough up yellow mucous and my upper back is tender. Is it ok to take both those meds together. Will it help me get better faster? Thank you Doc. appreciate it Estelle
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013