Best treatment for vitilogo

heya......having vitilogo...searching for best treatment .....
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Treatment/Therapy
Hi!chetna_todi,
Welcome To HelathcareMagic forum,

Chetna,treatment of vitiligo depends upon various factors ,like your age,area of involvement, extent of lesion, lesion is active (spreading) or stable(static) ,any associated illness etc.So kindly let me know about these things so that I can guide you further .
Various options of treatment are: oral medicines and topical creams (photosensitive medicines),topical steroids ,photo therapy (PUVA/NBUVB) ,surgery etc.
Kindly also let us know what previous treatment you have taken and what was the response.

regards,
Dr.Chawda
age is nearly 26 .....living in Hyderabad......areas involved are hands n foot....just a minor stage.....its becomes active very slow...almost stable....yaa was having pancreas n liver...now having swoolen mouth....
i also wanna know the best ayurvedic doctor in india
/
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!chetna,

hand and foot makes the disease little resistant.Activity even low,makes it again slow to respond to treatment.Your problem requires two things together ,one is to stop the activity & other is to give photo sensitive medicine to re-pigment the white patches.
Being a dermatologist (allopathy) i can recommend & suggest you a allopathic doctor only .In Hyderabad you can consult Dr.Vilas .I can give his detail if you can mail me at bharat_c_2000@yahoo.com.

regards,
Dr.chawda
i have read a lot abt this problem on internet..so the best treatment shown was ayurvedic ..i wanna knw that should i prefer ayurveda or allopathy.....
Hi!chetna,

Chetna ,don't go by the claims done in the net.Allopathy never talks loud abut its line of management .You should go by who talks logic.Allopathy is followed all over the world .There is lot of research done in the subject which is open to allopathic doctors. You are educated ,so i would advice you to talk to both consultants and take a decision.But plz don't go by the promises by any doctors.I am in allopathy ,so i would definitely favor allopathy to all.When it comes to life threatening diseases or conditions people talk only about allopathic treatment & not of any other form of medicine.Be it a cardiac case or kidney ailment ,people go for allopathy ...then why not for vitiligo.I am not giving you any promises in your case,vitiligo is a slow responding and a chronic problem. I leave it you to decide what you should go for.

All the best.
regards,
Dr.chawda
Dermatologist Dr. Mostaque Mahmud's  Response
Vitiligo, though treatment is somewhat frustrating but effectiveness varies person to person. It is hard to say which one would be best for you before assess your duration, extent and distribution of disease. You can try PUVA therapy or any appropriate surgical procedure. I hope you will find the best.