Best diet for raised alt level of 72 patient

please advise about the best diet for my sixteen year old daughter with an alt level of 72. she is taking glucophage since 15 days.thanx
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Welcome to healthcaremagic. Well your daughter's ALT level isnt much raised, and as you have mentioned she is diabetic, on glucophage.The dietician is the best person to advice you the best, nevertheless, there are studies which say fruit or vegetable intake separately is not associated with type 1 diabetes. It is important to characterize and minimize diabetogenic factors in fruits and vegetables as the general health benefits of a diet rich in fruits and vegetables are well known and such a diet is therefore recommended.The significance of cow's milk and other animal products too bear great significance.Hence i would suggest you to consult a good diabetic Dietician who would guide you the best way.

dr tina thank you very much for responding.i will contact u again when i get my daughter's test results. she does not have diabetes,but is being investigated for polycystic ovaries.thanx.