Best Surgeon for Tympanoplasty

Tympanoplasty cost in india and best surgeon, hospital in Bangalore I can get it done, I am 42 years type 2 diabetic since 9 years
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jun 2010
welcome to healthcaremagic
before going for operation ,please see to it that your diabetes is well controlled
you can contact hospital of repute govt/private and find out the surgeon
local contacts will be helpful to guide you

hope you be all right soon
You should wait for six to eight weeks to see if this perforation heals by itself. Do continue your medications. Are you sure that this is a new perforation or is this a failure of healing? How is your hearing now? Is your perforation wet or dry? If this perforation is wet, I recommend an ear swab be sent for culture and antibiotic sensitivity. Is it possible for you to obtain endoscopic photographs of your eardrum and perforation? If this perforation persists, try instilling ciprofloxacin ear drops. If these ear drops are felt in the throat, it indicates that the eustachian tube is not blocked. Though this does not guarantee function, it indicates that the eustachian tube may recover. This perforation will help equalize the pressure across the eardrum till the eustachian function recovers. Unless your nasal and sinus infections are controlled, these problems may reoccur. Keep your sugar levels under control. Keep a tighter follow-up schedule (weekly of fortnightly).
Tympanoplasty will cost between 15k to 50k depending on the type of hospital room. You may consult Dr. Sunil N. Dutt, Sr. Consultant at New Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore 560 076.
If your Diabetes is under control, there will be no wound healing problem.You may also opt for the operation under Local Anesthesia.
  Anonymous's Response
Thanks for your prompt reply, I had second opinion from different hospital and this time with a photo endoscopic view of my perforated eardrum (I think it is very educative to patients and don't know why E.N.T Doctors don't do it). I suspect it is a failure of healing. My hearing is ok, but feel slight block sensation, the perforation is not wet. present doctor has has changed my nasal spray & prescribed tablest for 30days (Nzxomsac-af and Rhinofex 120) and advised me to wait for 2 months to see if the hole closed by itself (on a similar recommendations) My cold is totally controlled except I get rarely dry coughs about 3 to 4 times day since 1 month. My latest sugar levels are 128 Fasting and 265 Post prandial & have to control the same with tighter follow-up schedule.
  Anonymous's Response
Hi, Sorry for late reply, I consulted Dr.Honey, my surgery was success done 3 month back, but not happy with post surgery, since a small hole has redeveloped with infection, latest diagnosis says the infection is under control but hole still appears, it was informed it could have happened due to sinusitis (I indeed had sinusitis) and recommended to visit after 2 months and the hole should close automatically. (membrane is intact, prescribed with nasal spray and tablet to control cold)