Benefits of saving the cervix when taking the uterus out due to prolapse?

Are there any benefits to saving the cervix when taking the uterus out due to prolapse? Also my Dr recommends surgery for prolapsed bladder . What honest information do you have to help me decide whether to go ahead with it. I am not sure if I want to have it as I am having no other bladder issues (leakage etc) now and don t want to make things worse by having surgery. Could a hysterectomy be done in hopes that the bladder will improve afterwards ? Do Kegel exercise help in more severe prolapse situations? Are most women sent home with a catheter and for how long could I expect to have it? Thank you for your input!
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013