Belly piercing done, abscess formed, white pus discharge, dark scar remains. Taking antibiotics. Treatment?

I have my belly pierced and i had a abscess i believe and white puss would come out of it the bump is not there anymore but its a dark scar and im scared cause it happened once before i been cleaning it with anti bacterial soap and letting hot water run on it for the blood circulation & putting antibiotics on it , what should i do ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

All abscesses require treatment with systemic antibiotics. You need to consult you doctor regarding the same. In most cases, the abscesses (like the one you have) are successfully treated with an adequate and appropriate dose of antibiotics.

Rarely these abscesses require surgical drainage. Please visit your doctor for a proper examination and treatment. In the meantime you can continue with the warm water, also please try to keep to affected area clean.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.