Belly button oozing pus after gall bladder removal, increased weight. Going to gym for weight loss. Any relation ?

15 years ago i had my gaul bladder removed, for a year or so after the surgery my belly button would oze puss (they used my belly button as a insicion site for 1 of the tubes i am told) anyways it did it for almost 2 years, I noticed it stopped and went on with my life, during that time i put on alot of weight, my top weight was 328 lbs, I recently started getting healthy and have lost alot of weight and randomly when i got to the 200 lb mark my belly button has started ozeing puss again. Is it related or just a infection, I work out 6 days a week at a gym, plus jog 5 miles a day, so thought maybe i am just not drying it enough after showers, but why did it not show up till i lost so much weight
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
There are two possibilities.Either it could be umbilical fistula or sinus which could be the post operative complication or it could be conjenital.In any case you have to get the fistulogram or sinogram done by a radiologist and get it removed surgically if it is confirmed radiologically.