Belly button ifs few inches off center, more fat present according to internist. Reason?

My father is a pretty darn healthy 91 year old (Thank Heaven), however he had mentioned to me and to his doctor that his belly button is now approximately two to three inches off center. The internist told us that he just probably has more fat on that side of his body or sleeps more on that particular side. He switches sides in bed about every month or so and that has definitely had no effect. His waist at 5'9" is 38". Any other possibilities that the internist is just overlooking due to father's age?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
You assymetry of the umbalicus.You get Ultrasound scanning of abdomen,if it is normal and he is asymptomatic,no need of bathering.