Belching, bloating, no stomach problems. Endoscopy done. Symptoms due to gallbladder?

I am suffering from extreme belching at times and very bad bloating . The symptoms come and go from extremes but when I have a bad case it is very bad. Do you have any idea what could cause this. I just had a endoscope and there seems to be no problems inside my stomach . Could the gallbladder have anything to do with it?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Hi, welcome to healthcare magic

Bloating and excess belching may be related to the use of: fatty foods, milk intolerance,overeating,food allergy, GERD,irritable bowel syndrome,constipation, aerophagia (a nervous habit where persons swallow air).

It can be reduced by: (1) treating any symtoms of GERD or constipation,(2) decreasing the use of chewing gum (it results in air swallowing), (3)decrease the use of carbonated drinks, (4)decrease intake of brussel sprouts,cabbage, turnips,beans(5) eat slowly (6)stop smoking

I hope this is helpful to you
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response

Air is not produced in the stomach (lower down in intestine, it is - but it can not come back to stomach)
So the source of air? - it comes only from swallowing (aerophagy).
The two common causes are anxiety and the manner of eating.

You will improve by swallowing less air! Munch and swallow with mouth closed.

Anxiolytic drugs (to reduce tension) and prokinetic drugs (promoting peristalsis) may be useful in the short term.

There is no doubt - you will be well soon

Good luck
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Hi Gavjones,
Thanks for writing your query.
Excessive bloating sensation with belching can be due to infetion of the gastrointestinal tract.
Please tell what is the consistency of your stool?
You can take medicines like Metronidiazole 400mg thrice a day along with Pantaperazole 40 mg once a day and Domperidone 10 mg once a day. Also take Probiotic once a day.
If you are having loose stool you can add Ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day.
You should take any medicine after getting yourself examined by a medical proffessional.
Take liet diet. Avoid spicy, oily and unhygeinic food.
I hope this is helpful to you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Aniruddha Panja's  Response
Thanks for your query
You might be having gastroesophageal reflux disease.

Following investigations will help in diagnosis:
24 hours esophageal pH monitoring.
Esophageal manometry
Barium swallow XRay

To get relief --
Eat smaller meals at a time
Avoid acidic & rich spicy foods
Decrease weight if you are obese
Sleep on the leftside and keep upper part of your body raised.

Take proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole , Pantoprazole or Rabeprazole to decrease gastric acid secretion.

Anti reflux surgery like Nissen fundoplication may be needed is severe cases.

Get a checkup from a gastroenterologist . Don't selfmedicate .

Update here how you stay.