Begun taking Metformin hydrochloride for Type 2 diabetes, urine is brown with stomach pain. What can I do?

I have reently begun taking Metformin hydrochloride - 600 gm every other day for diabetes type 2. I have noticed that my urine is sometimes brown and would like to know if this might indicate a problem or is normal. I have had one bad day with stomach pain which has now eased although I am passing looser stools at more frequent intervals than is normal, this can be three or more times a day in small amounts.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013