Began the pill Microgynon 30, had unprotected sex after it. AM I protected or not ?

Hi, began the pill Microgynon 30 on Tuesday which was the 5th day of my period. My doctor said I would be protected imediatly. So the day after I had unprotected sex, which I know was stupid of me to do, but by then i had taken 2 pills and was under the impression that i was protected. I was on top and i told my boyfriend to pull out but he didn t do it fast enough. I went to the toilet straight after and most of it came out and then there was only a little bit remaining the morning after. The BBC website and NHS website also say that if you take it on the 5th day you are protected unless you have a short ovulation cycle but my periods are irregular usually so i didn t know if i was in that category and many sites seem to be skeptical about it working imediatly on the 5th day . I recently read that if you take 4 Microgynon tablets within 120 hours of having sex and then 4, 12 hours later that is can act as emergency contraception . Being paranoid and panicking about the possibility of getting pregnant I took 4 tablets and i don t know whether to take another 4 in the morning because that would mean only having 7 pills left in my pill pack. And if i do that should i take the 8 pills out of the second pack and then bleed or should i just bleed when i ve finished my first pack. Everyone just told me to take my pills as normal but i couldn t stand the waiting. Please help!!
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013