Been taking Lo Loestrin, concerned about ectopic pregnancy. Been spotting. Why?

I have been taking Lo Loestrin Fe for about 7 months now. Up until this month, I have taken my birth control every day at the same time. 2 months ago, I had gotten a period for about a week almost 2 weeks into my monthly pack. I took 2 pregnancies tests at the time and both came out negative. I saw my gyno about a month ago for normal year visit and told her about this and also my concern of possible ectopic pregnancy . She did a pregnancy test , it was negative. She had checked me and said I don t feel pregnant either and that sometimes this pill does that to woman. I told her how I never get any spotting or blood during my period pills but it was weird that it s in the middle of the pack but she said it was normal that bleeding stops and sometimes ovulation can cause this. She said if she changed my birth control, my weight that I had already gained (10 lbs since starting this) could get higher on a higher dosed pill. It hasn t happened since then but now I am spotting after 2 weeks into my new month pack, not heavy spotting at all but I m concerned. I did forget to take my 1st pill of this pack on the same day but took it as soon as I woke up in the morning and then again that night at my regular time. Besides that, I take my pill EVERY day sometimes an hour or 2 late but always that same day. Why am I spotting and cramping? Could I be pregnant? I am always worried I am.. even though I take a pregnancy test almost every month since starting this and I m never pregnant. Is this anything to worry about or is it just normal? My doctor is on vacation for the next 2 weeks so I wanted to speak to someone about my concerns.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012